like everyone has a certification for something. Certifications aren’t
impressive unless you can use the information in real world situations. That
being said, here are my certifications:
● PGA of America, PGA Class A Professional, Dec 2012
● Flightscope, Jan 2014
- Instructors: Henri Johnson (inventor of flightscope), Michael Jacobs, and Michael Neff
- Learned how the flightscope works, how to give tour quality fittings, and how to apply the flightscope in lessons.
● Titleist Performance Institute, General Certification Jan 2014.
- Instructors: Mark Blackburn, Jason Glass, and Lance Gill
- Learned about the body/swing connection, how to screen for limitations in the body, how to fix those limitations, and how to coach around the limitations.
● Titleist Performance Institute, Golf Mechanics Certification Mar 2014.
- Instructors: Dave Phillips (Cofounder of TPI) and Mark Blackburn
-Learned more about swinging around the body’s limitations. Also learned about teaching and fitting with trackman and how to make a player’s trackman numbers the most efficient for them through teaching/fitting.
● K-Vest Level One Certification, Jun 2014.
- Instructors: Joe Dichiaraand Paul Kenney
- Learned how to capture and analyze data using a K-vest
● Titleist Performance Institute, Junior Certification Sep 2014
- Instructors: Dennis McDade and Milo Bryant
- Learned how kids learn, how their bodies grow, at what age certain elements of the swing should be taught, and how to setup a successful Jr camp.
● K-Vest Level Two Certification, Nov 2014
- Instructors: Joe Dichiara, Paul Kenney, and Cory Puyear
- Learned how to improve a player’s K-vest graphs through a progressive flow chart of physical assessments, swing drills, and biofeedback fitness exercises.
● First Tee Jr Coach, Mar 2014
- Online certification showing how to best interact with Jrs and how to run a First Tee Clinic
● Forces and Motion Workshop, Nov 2015
- Instructors: Phil Cheetham, Sasho MacKenzie, and Chris Como
- Learned about measuring swings with 3D systems. Also learned about the kinematic and kinetic forces that are really happening in a tour pro’s golf swing and what needs to happen in a regular golfer’s swing, regardless of style, in order for them to be successful.
● Coaches Camp, Feb 2016
- Instructors: Dana Dahlquist , Joe Mayo, Andrew Rice, and Martin Chuck
- Learned about different golf methodologies and how to match up clubface and clubpath with different body motions. Also learned communication skills and marketing.
● Sam Putt Lab Certification, November 2016
- Instructor: Dr. Christian Marquardt
- Learned how to use SAM Putt Lab to measure putting strokes. Also learned the 6 fundamental aspects of putting according to the researchers at SAM.
● Trackman Certification, December 2016
- Online certification series of 17 different test on the different categories trackman measures.
● Shadow 2 Day Golf Clinic at TPC Summerlin, Las Vegas, NV, Mar 2017
- Instructors: Dana Dahlquist , Joe Mayo, and Jeff Smith
- Learned how tour players create successful forces and torques in their golf swings. Also learned how to apply that knowledge to everyday players and see first-hand how that is done.