8 Qualities of a Successful Player
- Respect towards others and rules of the game.
- Attitude toward your self and your personal conduct.
- Exercise makes the ecstatic states, our game throws our way , much easier to endure. It has a profound effect on our nervous system.
- Stress Management: the whirlpools of the mind can be stilled by the breath. Golf has a tendency to spiral us down many whirlpools. While taking a deep inhale, watch how your mood changes, how tension eases, and the breath becomes quiet and calm.
- Emotional Control and detaching yourself from physical and emotional irritants when unfavorable situations arise.
- Concentration and staying in the present moment with each golf shot is key for a successful outcome.
- Focus can be on an object, idea, or desire. When the mind is highly absorbed on one specific thing, such as a line of a putt, the shaping of a shot, a green target, it becomes capable of knowing that object in a special way. When we are focused, distractions seem to fade, time pressures fade, and we feel immersed in routine not results.
- Reflection, with out judging ourselves, of a good or bad shot/round, can teach us where we need to improve, or what went right to get us that birdie or personal best round. We can then be more at peace when each shot presents itself. Witness.